Veggie Burrito Bowls Recipe | What Is The Recipe Of Veggie Burrito Bowls
- 100 g brown rice
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bell pepper I used green, but any colour will do
- ~12 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder adjust as desired!
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 x 400g tin black beans drained (240g when drained)
- Black pepper
- 40 g cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
Boil the brown rice according to the instructions on the packet.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan, and cook the onions, garlic and pepper over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes, along with the chilli powder and paprika, and cook for a few more minutes. Squash the tomatoes a little with your spoon to release their juices. Add the black beans, and season to taste.
When the rice is cooked, drain it and add it to the bean mixture. If the mixture seems a little dry, add a dash of water (you might not need it - it will depend on a few things, e.g. how much liquid your tomatoes released).
When the mixture is hot and well combined, serve topped with the grated cheese and fresh coriander - I popped mine in the microwave for about a minute to melt the cheese.