Poha Energy Wheels Recipe | What Is The Recipe Of Poha Energy Wheels
- 1 cup Poha or Flattened Rice or Beaten Rice or Aval medium thick
- 1 cup Potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic crushed or grated
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh coconut chutney
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/4 cup Peanuts roasted and crushed
- Oil for shallow frying
- 2 tbsp Coriander Mint chutney for garnish
Wash Poha in water two to three times. Drain well and keep side.
In a big bowl, mix together mashed potatoes, drained poha, onions, coriander leaves, garlic, salt, lemon juice, coconut chutney (or grated coconut), red chili powder, chaat masala, turmeric powder, cumin powder, crushed peanuts. [Add finely chopped vegetables or peas if you want at this stage]
Mix well and form into desired shapes. I have shaped them into patties (or wheels).
In a flat griddle or a pan, add 2 tsp oil and shallow fry these patties. Use more oil if required in between roasting both sides.
Please note that the patties are a bit soft so handle with care. I have not added any binding like maida or cornflour or bread. Binding can be avoided when not required.
If you are making more in quantity, you can add bread crumbs for binding.
Once the patties or wheels are roasted from both sides, serve them with green chutney.