Navratan Korma Recipe | What is the Recipe of Navratan Korma
- 2 cups diced mixed vegetables I used carrot, beans, peas, corn and potato (cauliflower will be nice too!
- paneer A few cubes
- 10 cashew nuts and 10 raisins soaked in warm water drained and ground to a paste
- 1 large onion minced
- 1 tomato quartered and pureed
- 3 green chillies
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee
- Salt as per taste
The Spice Powders:
- 2 tbsp garam masala or use 1 tsp freshly ground masala like cloves, cardamom, cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp jeera
Heat the butter or ghee in a kadai / pan.
Add minced onions and fry until pink and transparent.
Grind the green chillies with the ginger and garlic and add to the onions. If using ginger garlic paste, just crush the chillies and add along with it. Fry for 30 seconds.
Add all the spice powders. Fry for a minute. Now, add the tomato puree. Mix well and let it cook until the butter appears on the sides.
Add milk and about 1/2 cup of water.
Add the chopped vegetables. Mix well and cook covered until the vegetables are cooked, yet firm. Add the cashew nut-raising paste and mix well. Add salt and paneer cubes. Cook open for another 5 minutes until the gravy thickens and comes together.
Garnish Navratan korma with fresh coriander leaves and serve chapati, nan, roti, or pulao.