Mixed Vegetable Handi Recipe | What is the Recipe of Mixed Vegetable Handi
- 1/2 cup cauliflower , chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 capsicum , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot , chopped
- 1 cup french beans , chopped
- 1 cup paneer pieces
- 1 medium onion , sliced
- 4 tomatoes , roughly chopped
- 1 inch ginger piece
- green chilies
- 1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Few coriander leaves , finely chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
Arrange all the chopped vegetables in a plate, also slice the onion in thin pieces. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and stir fry the sliced onion.
When the onion is little browned and translucent, remove from oil, cool down and grind with tomatoes, ginger and green chilies.
Reheat the same pan and now add 1/2 tablespoon of oil. When the oil is medium hot then add prepared tomato puree. Cook on a low flame for 2-3 minutes, till you get a nice color of gravy.
Add about 1 teaspoon of butter and mix very well for a few seconds.
Add 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, 3/4 teaspoon coriander powder, 3/4 teaspoon garam masala powder, crushed kasuri methi and salt to taste.
Add chopped cauliflower, carrot, capsicum, french beans and green peas.
Cover the pan with its lid, simmer the flame and leave to cook for 5-6 minutes, till the vegetables tender. Now mix in cubed paneer along with fresh cream and sprinkle lemon juice all over. You need to mix it very gently at this stage, so that paneer pieces should not break.
Cook for few more minutes. Garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve hot.