Mediterranean Basmati Salad Recipe | What Is The Recipe Of Mediterranean Basmati Salad
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes packed without oil
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup 2.5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
Combine tomatoes and water in a small bowl; let stand 10 minutes. Drain and chop; set aside.
Place rice in a large bowl; cover with water to 2 inches above rice. Soak 30 minutes; stirring occasionally. Drain and rinse.
Combine rice and 2 cups water in a small saucepan; stir in salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Boil 5 minutes or until water level falls just below rice. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 10 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 10 minutes.
Spoon rice into a bowl; cool completely and fluff with a fork. Stir in tomatoes, feta, and next 4 ingredients (through pepper); toss well to combine.
Sprinkle with pine nuts. Ready to serve.