Maharashtrian Cucumber Salad recipe | What is the Recipe of Maharashtrian Cucumber Salad
- 1 cup cucumbers chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut fresh grated
- 1 tbsp peanuts / groundnuts dry roasted
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1/8 tbsp cumin seeds / jeera
- 1/2 tbsp oil
Crush the roasted peanuts coarsely with a mortar and pestle.
Add the grated coconut, crushed peanuts, chopped green chillies to the cucumbers and mix well.
Heat oil in a small kadai or pan. Add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds splutter, add cumin seeds. Once cumin seeds change color slightly, remove from heat. Add this tempering to the salad. Finally add salt and the freshly squeezed lemon juice. Mix well.
Maharashtrian Cumumber Salad is now ready to be served.