Lemon-Parsley Bean Salad Recipe | What Is The Recipe Of Lemon-Parsley Bean Salad
- 2 14 ounce cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained, or 3 cups cooked kidney beans
- 1 14 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained, or 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 small red onion diced
- 2 stalks celery sliced in half or thirds lengthwise and chopped
- 1 ripe red tomato chopped (skip if you can’t find a great tomato)
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- ¾ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or mint
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- small pinch red pepper flakes
In a serving bowl, combine the prepared kidney beans, chickpeas, onion, celery, tomato, cucumber, parsley and dill (or mint).
Make the lemon dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper flakes until emulsified. Pour dressing over the bean and vegetable mixture and toss thoroughly. Serve immediately for the most flavor, or let it marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for a couple of hours or longer.