Chopped Kale Salad And Creamy Almond Ginger Dressing Recipe | What Is The Recipe Of Chopped Kale Salad And Creamy Almond Ginger Dressing
- 1/2 lb asparagus
- 1 head kale de-stemmed + finely chopped
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 3 radishes
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa chilled
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas rinsed + drained
- 1-2 avocados sliced
- red onion thinly sliced
- 2-3 portabella mushrooms sliced
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Creamy Almond Ginger Dressing
- 5 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoons gluten-free tamari or soy sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons water
Make the dressing recipe first to allow flavors to develop while preparing the salad.
Trim the asparagus ends, chop into bite-sized pieces, and steam until just tender. About 7 minutes depending on the thickness. Place in an ice bath to chill, then drain + pat dry.
For the mushrooms: Add the oil to a pan over medium heat. Once hot, place the sliced mushrooms in the pan and add the 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Cook until tender, about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place on a plate and let cool fully.
Thinly slice then chop the radishes, pepper, and zucchini.
Place the kale and cabbage in a large mixing bowl and toss with desired amount of dressing. Massage until tender.
Add the chilled asparagus, radishes, pepper, zucchini, quinoa, and chickpeas in the bowl and toss with the greens. Add more dressing if needed.
Serve in large bowls with cooled mushrooms, sliced avocado, sliced red onion, pepper, sesame seeds, etc. Add more dressing if desired.
Place all ingredients, excluding the water, into a jar and shake with the lid on until fully combined and creamy. It is important to use grated ginger + garlic, not minced. I use my microplane zester for this.
Add water slowly to thin out and shake to combine. Dressing will thicken as it sits. Taste and adjust if needed.