Coconut Cupcakes Recipe | What is the Recipe of Coconut Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk room temperature
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter softened
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons coconut milk may substitute regular milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- Toasted coconut for sprinkling on top optional
Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12-count muffin tin with paper liners.
Combine coconut milk and lemon juice in a large measuring glass and set aside.
In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat together butter, oil, and sugar until ingredients are well-combined.
Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
Stir in vanilla extract.
In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Gradually alternate adding coconut milk/lemon juice mixture and flour mixture until all ingredients are combined (TAKE CARE NOT TO OVER-MIX!).
Evenly divide cupcake batter into prepared muffin tin.
Bake on 350 F for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
Allow cupcakes to cool completely before covering with frosting.
In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth.
Gradually add powdered sugar, until combined.
Add coconut milk until desired consistency is reached (don’t add too much milk or it will be too soft to pipe onto your cupcakes).
Stir in vanilla extract and coconut extract.
Pipe or spread frosting onto completely cooled cupcakes.
Sprinkle with toasted coconut (optional). Enjoy!