Chitrana Rice Recipe | What Is The Recipe Of Chitrana Rice
- 1 1/2 cups long grained rice basmati
- 3 tbsp peanuts
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds til
- 1 tbsp chana dal split bengal gram
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds rai / sarson
- 3 whole dry kashmiri red chillies broken into pieces
- 5 curry leaves kadi patta
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida hing
- 2 tbsp freshly grated coconut
- 3 tbsp tamarind imli water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder haldi
- 2 tbsp malagapdi powder recipe given
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
For The Malagapadi Powder
- 2 tbsp coriander dhania seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds jeera
- 2 tbsp chana dal split bengal gram
- 2 tbsp urad dal split black lentils
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds til
- 12 whole dry kashmiri red chillies
- 1 tsp asafoetida hing
- 1 tsp salt
For the malagapadi powder
Mix and dry roast all the ingredients. Blend them in a blender to a powder and keep aside.
How to proceed
Boil the rice in a vesselful of salted water.
Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate.Drain and cool.
Roast the peanuts and sesame seeds separately and powder them coarsely. Keep aside.
Add the red chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida and cook again for ½ a minute.
Heat the oil in a pan add the chana dal and mustard seeds and roast for 1 minute.
Finally, add the rice, coconut, tamarind water, turmeric powder, malagapadi powder, roasted peanuts and sesame seeds powder and salt and cook for a few minutes.