Chilly Baby Recipe | What is the Recipe of Chilly Baby
- 12-15 baby corn
- ½ inch ginger/adrak finely chopped
- 2-3, Green chilies slit
- 3-4 garlic/lahsun finely chopped
- ½ cup onion or spring onions finely chopped
- 1 small capsicum/green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 tsp soy sauce or as required
- ½ tsp apple cider or white vinegar optional
- 1 tsp coriander chopped
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp corn starch/corn flour to be sprinkled from above
- Salt pepper and sugar as required
- 2-3 tsp oil for frying the baby corn
- 1 tbsp oil for the sauce
for the batter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour/maida
- 2 tbsp cornstarch/cornflour
- water as required to make a thick paste
- Salt and pepper as required
Make a smooth paste with the cornflour, all purpose flour (maida), salt, pepper and water.
Rinse and dry the baby corn with kitchen towels.
chop the baby corn if they are larger in size or keep them whole if they are smaller.
Heat oil on a tava or a frying pan.
Dip each baby corn piece in the batter and coat it well with the batter.
Fry the baby corn till the edges and sides are golden brown.
Since we have used less oil, you don't need to drain the babycorn on kitchen napkins.
In another pan, heat about 1 tbsp oil.
add chopped onions or spring onions, ginger, garlic and slit green chilies.
Stir fry on a medium flame till the onions have become translucent. Now, add capsicum. Stir fry till the capsicum have partly cooked but still retain their crunch.
Add the soy sauce and stir well.
Now sprinkle black pepper powder, salt and sugar. add 2 tbsp water and stir.
Add the fried baby corn with chopped celery to this mixture. stir well.
To give a glaze and smoothness in the dish, sprinkle about 1 tsp of corn flour. mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes or more till the corn flour has cooked.
Lastly add the apple cider or white vinegar and stir again.
Check the seasonings and add salt, pepper or soy sauce if required.
Serve the baby corn garnished with some spring onions or chopped celery.
Serve chilli baby corn as a starter or with bread or even veg fried rice.