Italian Grilled Cheese Recipe | What Is The Recipe Of Italian Grilled Cheese
- 8 slices crusty artisan bread
- 8 thin slices mozzarella cheese or about 1/3 cup shredded
- 8 thin slices cheddar cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce storebought or homemade
- 4 Tbsp freshly chopped basil optional
Spread butter on the "outside" pieces of bread that will touch the griddle when cooking. Spread marinara sauce on the inside pieces of the sandwich bread. Layer mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top of the marinara sauce. Top with fresh basil, if using. Place bread slices together to make a sandwich. Place sandwich on hot griddle or skillet and cook until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown and toasted. Serve immediately..